Monday, March 30, 2009

Interview in Taylors

I had a really enjoyable time being interviewed by two equally brilliant and beautiful ladies at the Taylors University College Business School. It was a real eye opener and it was just a casual entertaining occasion.

They asked anything under the sun: what is interesting about muar(the food like otak-otak and mee bandung obviously), how do you get such good grades(secret recipe, hehe), where do u see yourself 10 years from now(in the Parliament, maybe), why "this particular course", what u know about this scholarship and of course my baffling presentation. Of course, when you have a person that speaks like Obama and have good looks like Brad Pitt, it's not that hard. Haha, just kidding here....

I think the key to a successful interview is add a little spicy humour to liven up things, communicate with the interviewer, highlight your strenghts as fast as possible, ask them questions and just be yourself actually. You don't need to memorise a script the size of your Add Maths kerja kursus project, juz the important points will do...in short, act natural. Don't be a pre-programmed robot.

Here are a few tips from the net for JPA aspirants:
Let's say the name of yur course is "Roti Canai Studies"

Q: Why study "Roti Canai Studies"?
A: Because since young, I love to eat roti of all kinds like telur, bawang, tisu, bom and even pisang. I also like the mouth-watering dhall and enjoy seeing the mamak flip the roti 5 metres high. When I finished SPM, I interned at a roti canai stall. Ilearned a lot from that. I even e-mailed a professor of roti canai expertise in Pakistan.......blah blah

Q: Where do u see yourself 10 years from now?
A: I want to open roti canai stalls all across the globe from the streets of China to the canteen in Oxford University. I want to even have a hotline for roti canai like Pizza Hut does. I want to push for biotech research to make my roti canai tastier, crispier and last longer. I want to further my studies and pursue a Masters in "Roti Canai Studies"....blah blah

Q: What makes u special than others?
A: I can flip roti canai so high till the top of the KL Towers. At the smell of roti canai, I can know if its bawang or kosong. I can even make the largest roti canai in the world to make Malaysia "berdiri sama tinggi, duduk sama rendah, baling roti canai lebih tinggi" than any country....blah, blah

That's the general idea. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Design Blog, Make Online Money